Spam! Not in the Can

It has come to our attention today that Palatable Jazz subscribers recieved a email today that said the following:

“On behalf of Palatable Jazz you have been issued a $1,000 Visa Gift Card free of charge.
Card type: Visa Gift Card
Issued to: PALATABLE JAZZ
Issuing branch: Norfolk, Virginia
Valid until: 08/2015
Please use the following website to claim your card and have it shipped to the address of your choosing:
Go to: www rewards2012 com
Note that claims must be made within 48 hours from this email being sent, or the above link will become invalid.
Sincerely, Rachel
Customer Service
Employee Benefits Center, LLC”

We, Palatable Jazz, has not sent this message. Please don’t click on the link. We are not sure of what it may do. Please do report the message as spam, as we have done. We do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Tags: , , , , , ,

16 Comments to "Spam! Not in the Can"

1. wendell says:

Its someone from facebook trying to scam ppl.

2. Tanya says:

I received the same email to my personal email on behalf of my company! the email was fromSincerely, Rachel
    Customer Service
    Employee Benefits Center, LLC

3. Andrew says:

If you have traced out how they are doing this please let us know! We are having this issues with some of our clients.

4. Ron C says:

I Use To Work For Walmart/ Sam’s Club, So that How They Got On Mine. Thanks

5. Patti says:

Several of our employees received this same email with our company name and their home city. Someone above mentioned Facebook which makes perfect sense Sounds like someone may have mined the current employer, home city and e-mail addresses from Facebook and sent out this spam.

6. The same thing happened to me yesterday! I dont know how to feel, it kinda felt good seeing my company name like that but i knew it couldnt have been right? I wonder if they sent that email to anyone else on behalf of my company?

7. Ryan says:

It’s possible that this was taken from Facebook. I just reported this to Facebook on behalf of a client of mine. You might want to do the same if you think that it is a misuse of Facebook.

8. Adam says:

I work in Fort Morgan, CO, and received the exact same message from my “Company.” The email of course was the same as yours with my company name instead of Palatable Jazz.com…very curious but definitely spam.

9. Nee says:

My husband also just received the same email today with his company name in Richmond,VA. It also was signed Rachel with a hotmail address.

10. Tom says:

I got this, except with my company name instead of Palatable Jazz and my city in place of Norfolk. The best part was, it was from an email shantel.advincula@hotmail.com (very professional Employee Benefits Center, LLC!) yet signed Rachel… Silly hoax when they’ve gone through all the trouble of data mining your company/subscriptions.